Your friends at MiUS Collection would like to wish you a glorious, rewarding and productive new year!!
Around the MiUS office, this time means a chance at a new beginning. For the past 10 years or so, Carrie and I have been sharing our new years resolutions at the beginning of the year…This year we thought we would also share them with you and perhaps make us more accountable for our resolutions! So this post is composed by both Carrie and myself and we will include goals, comments and thoughts from both of us. Feel free to join our crazy adventure and post your own goals, ideas, comments or feedback.
First, some timeless advice from the Transcendentalist writer and thinker – Ralph Waldo Emerson:
“You have done what you could—some blunders and absurdities have crept in. Forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
It is with this sage advice in mind that we share some of my new years resolutions to help welcome a new year with a fresh start:
1. Continue the challenge to declutter and organize – Last year I joined a 52-weeks to declutter challenge on Facebook. Although it was fun, I did not complete all the tasks each week. So this year…I would like to again give it a try! I will share a link and information on this challenge at a later posts if you like to join me on this!
2. Get fit – this has been one of my resolutions forever, it is a continuous challenge for me, so this year. I am setting actual weight and date goals. If you want to get fit with me join me on MyFitnessPal (Millie756) and we can share war stories and encourage each other as a community!
3. Spend more time doing activities with kids – The busier life gets the more this resolution seems ever more important. I have two cute little ones that are growing up so fast, and I want to enjoy every moment. It is a must for me to carve out time to spend one-on-one with my children.
4. Continue to build on my marriage – ok a bit too personal…but i’ve been with my husband now almost 14 years, and those of you in any long term relationship know that it is continual work to keep the spark. My sister follows a daily devotional food for your marriage…i am joining her on that program this year. If you are interested, email me email@example.com I will give you more details 😉
5. Grow MiUS Collection – As a start up, 2012 was a challenging, yet a promising year for MiUS, I would like to make 2013 even better. I am working on many product introductions, marketing promos, and other fun stuff. If you have ideas or thoughts about how we can make our store even better contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
6. Continue in my commitment to buy local products and made in the USA goods. Every dollar spent locally means more jobs for our economy…Want to join my efforts…take the challenge with USA Made Challenge blog or http://buyamericanchallenge.wordpress.com/take-the-challenge/
Ok…Carrie is next…
my turn, my turn! as millie said we have been doing this for a while. but we did always keep them very private and just between the two of us. that might be why we (ahem) don’t always stick with them. we also tend to have similar resolutions…which makes it fun to keep up with each other. the “new year” might be my favorite holiday. i try real hard to start the 2nd (i mean come on, the first we just lay around and eat pork) with everything purged and ready for the new year. i have spent the last four days cleaning and purging and making garbage and donation piles. i ordered a new planner (no comments from those of you who know me well) and am ready to roll!
1. make more time for “play” with my kids. we do a lot together and i am home with them all day, but i am not always the mommy who gets down and plays with them for long periods of time.
2. simplify. this is something i have been working on over the course of november and december and hope to be fully there by january. i tend to over-analyze, over-think and over-organize. this year i intend on keeping it simple in order to fit more in. see #1.
3. make the MiUS blog grow. i really believe in millie’s idea and mission with the store. and i want to be a part of it anyway i can. i also know that the next few years will be the last ones i will be able to be home 100% of the time. i so would love MiUS to be my part time job:)
4. be kind to everyone i meet…even if i am pretty sure i won’t be friends with everyone i meet.
5. listen more and talk less – sounds easy but man alive i am a talker!!! haha.
6. get fit and healthy. when i was young i spent most of my working days at the YMCA. i used to crack up at how many people showed up the first of the year…and then slowly the numbers came down by march. however, my close in age kids and my life have left me feeling a little too curvy for my liking. i would like to get back in shape, in a healthy way this year. a way that works for me and i can stick with. i like to be realistic about these things.
So…those are the 2013 resolutions for millie and carrie… Feel free to join our crazy adventure and post your own goals, ideas, comments or feedback. What are your resolutions?
have a safe and happy new year’s eve! be sure to check back with us once the new year is in swing…there is always something brewing at MiUS!