I don’t know about you, but I always struggle with what Fashion designers are showing out in the runaways and how that is appropriate or wearable to me…a mom in her 30s. So I looked back at the runaway shows for spring 2013 fashions and saw some fashion ideas that we could incorporate into our perhaps, not so high fashion lives.
1. Cut outs / peak-a-boo styles – Daring cutouts, midriff-baring separates, up-to-there splits, and sheer fabrics were all over the runway. The beauty of this trend? There’s a peekaboo option for every body shape (and level of modesty) up for grabs. I have to tell you that I LOVE this trend simply because if you choose the right pieces it can be sexy but not over top. I love shoulder cut-out tops and dress for spring. There’s a few in our inventory at MiUS. Take a “peak”
2. Bermuda short – They’re ultra chic, fam-friendly, and flattering; seriously, what’s not to love? These longer shorts that were all over the New York runways for spring are perfect for every girl who never felt like she could pull off those short shorts cutoffs 🙂
3. Black and White – “Spring trends” might typically call to mind Easter-egg colors and happy-go-lucky floral prints, but this season, designers put the emphasis on strong black-and-white looks (OK, there were a few floral prints and mints/corals, too ;-))). I love these colors because they are appropriate to wear year-round, easy to pull off at every budget, and sleek enough to work at the office or on date night, this trend is the definition of wearable.
4. Bold Stripes and Chevron prints – ok…I already went on and on in a previous post as to how much i adore chevron prints. So…let’s take this spring’s big, bold, uncomplicated stripes for a spin instead. With denim, they’re all-American; with navy, they’re nautical-chic; and worn head-to-toe, they’re just plain cool. Bonus: You’ll definitely be able to wear them for seasons—even years—to come.
6. Coral & Mint – This combination is everywhere this spring and I am a big fan of it too.
What do you think? Do you like the trends I picked out? Are they wearable for you? Sometimes adding one or two pieces to your wardrobe in any of these styles can really refreshen up your look for this spring.
Don’t forget we are running month-long GIVEAWAY for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate. (Winner will be announced on 2/15/13)
Here are the steps to get you in the drawing:
#1: “Like” our page on Facebook . If you are already a MiUS Facebook fan, then share our page with your friends on your status (www.facebook.com/miuscollection.com), or get one friend to “like” MiUS.
#2: Leave us a comment here at the blog letting us know that you followed all steps ; -) and you will be entered into the drawing. That easy! Good luck!