In previous posts I have admitted my weakness and obsession with anything that adorns the body (i.e. necklaces, bracelets, earrings, pins, etc). My compulsion to buy such items (at any time) has lead me to a serious storage issue. I have now outgrown 3 jewelry boxes, so it was time to re-organize my pretties!! I was crumbling for hours trying to find a way so that they look nice and not messy. I realized I am not the only one ever came across with this, so here I share some tips. Happy organization..
First, I started with my large pile ( I dumped all my jewelry on my bed)
Then I separated them into categories:
- Keep = these are the items that I wear, are in good condition,or I just purchased 😉
- Say “Good Bye”= items that have been subjected to a hard life of wear, may be missing parts, or you clearly purchased while blinded. You can donate and trash those broken, missing, etc.
- Re-home = pretties that you don’t wear, but may be happier at a friend’s house where they will get proper wear.
TIP: As long as you have them separated, you know how many you have of each category, so you can chose the right storage solution.
Since I had outgrown my jewelry boxes, I decided to organize my lovelies this way:
- I used my jewelry box for earrings. The one I picked up from Red Envelope and it has pretty leaves and branches that can be used as ring holders, and it has a large drawer I used to store my watch collection.
- Then, the bulk of my collection I decided to keep in my top dresser drawer. I purchased clear organization trays from Target.
I am displaying my jewelry ideas, I hope they are inspiring.